“Wildcat Rising Stars” New Media Student Development Program is an Atlanta Chapter program during the 16/17 school year where 2 students will be selected as paid blogger interns. It revives the ‘old-school’ student reporter and transports any student or alumni to modern student life of being a Golden Wildcat.
How it Works
- ‘Get a Beat.’ Each blogger intern will be assigned a ‘beat’ – academic and/student life OR sports
- Orientation. Bloggers will get an orientation to support their success with ideas and structure to make an effective internship.
- Authenticity. Blogger topics within their ‘beat’ will be their own to reflect how Melrose students are living and thriving at Melrose today as well as challenges they face.
- Bring current school happenings to life from a select group of topics
- Post 2 stories/articles per month for publication on this site’s blog
- Must be submitted on-time with relevant pictures and/or student interviews
- Deadlines. Each Sunday afternoon by 5 p.m. (on their designated week, the student blogger will submit their blog to the Alumni editor.
- Posting. Each student will have guest access to post on the MelroseHS.com and post on alumni social media.
- Special Events. Student bloggers will be invited to participate at special events with Melrose alumni.
- Scholarships. Awarded at Class Day
- via APPLICATION HERE by August 26.
- Finalists will interview week of September 5th
- Orientation for selected individuals happens week of September 12th
- Student bloggers start week of Septembe 19th
- Must have computer and/or access to computer